Please be aware that you are under no obligation to provide us with your Personal Information and you may request we delete any Personal Information we hold about you at any time.
2. PURPOSE OF COLLECTION
The Cronulla Sharks collects, uses, discloses or holds Personal Information that is reasonably necessary for the Cronulla Sharks to perform one or more of its functions or activities set out below:
- organisation, conduct and promotion of matches involving the Cronulla Sharks (for instance, providing you information about upcoming ticket offers and deals for the next home matches);
- promotion and sale of the Cronulla Sharks merchandise;
- direct marketing of the Cronulla Sharks products or services; and
- through Sharks Media and the promotion of Sharks Partner offers
3. CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR REFUSAL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The main consequence if you do not provide the Cronulla Sharks with your Personal Information is that we will not be able to provide you with information about our upcoming matches and the products and services we provide, including things such as discount offers, ticketing and exciting initiatives we are undertaking.
4. DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
The Cronulla Sharks may disclose your Personal Information to (without limitation):
- Delivery, courier and postal organisations: we may disclose your Personal Information to delivery, courier and postal organisations in order to deliver merchandise you order;
- Law enforcement and emergency services agencies: we may disclose your Personal Information where required or authorized to do so by law, including in emergency situations and to assist law enforcement agencies with active investigations. We will always ensure that those to whom we disclose your Personal Information have the legal right to receive it.
The type of Personal Information we may disclose to those third parties includes (without limitation) your name, date of birth, address, phone number, email address, favourite players and any other Personal Information collected that is relevant to the purpose of the disclosure. Other than overseas recipients (see clause 5), we ensure that any organisation to which we disclose your Personal Information implements appropriate information security safeguards and protections in accordance with applicable privacy laws (including the Privacy Act and GDPR). In certain circumstances, we may disclose your Personal Information if and when required to do so by law, for example, to assist law enforcement agencies with their inquiries.
5. TRANSBORDER DATA FLOWS
We may disclose your Personal Information to overseas recipients for things such as processing membership and hosting services. The most likely destinations for such activities are China, the United States and New Zealand, although countries where such recipients are located may vary. By accepting this Collection Statement and providing the Cronulla Sharks with your Personal Information, you are providing express consent for the Cronulla Sharks to disclose your Personal Information overseas. You are aware that by providing such consent, the Cronulla Sharks will cease to be accountable for the overseas recipient’s handling of your Personal Information under applicable privacy laws (including the Privacy Act and GDPR) and that you will not be able to seek redress from the Cronulla Sharks under applicable privacy laws (including the Privacy Act and GDPR) in relation to that use of your Personal Information overseas.
6. CONTACT DETAILS
If you have any questions or comments in relation to our Collection Statement, or if you wish to correct or access your Personal Information held by the Cronulla Sharks or make a complaint, please contact:
The Cronulla Sharks Privacy Officer
461 Captain Cook Dr, Woolooware, NSW 2230
This collection statement was last updated in July 2018.